<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12849" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2020-01-19T19:25:51+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12849</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Dragonlord]]></name></author>
		<updated>2020-01-19T19:25:51+00:00</updated>

		<published>2020-01-19T19:25:51+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42577#p42577</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42577#p42577"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Getting Stuck issues with convexSweepTest]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42577#p42577"><![CDATA[
I'm reading things up for a release soon and one problem started to show up when I used convexSweepTest instead if my own collision tests. This is for kinematic collision hence no physics involved (think human actor movement).<br><br>If actors hit a wall bullet runs into a getting-stuck situation.<br><br>The first collision ends up at the wall at an exact touching position.<br><br>The next collision test registers a collision at 0 distance which is logic. The problem though is that if the actor moves away from the surface or normal to it (grazing it) bullet keeps on thinking this is a collision and everything gets stuck. In truth tough the actor would free itself by moving away from it but bullet does not want to accept this.<br><br>In my own collision routines I catered for this by not registering a collision if the actor moves out of the collision or is nearly perpendicular to the hit normal.<br><br>How can I solve this problem with bullet's convexSweepTest ? I tried the allowPenetration value but this only pushes the problem away a bit.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=798">Dragonlord</a> — Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:25 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
