<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12845" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2020-01-17T16:43:03+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12845</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Fra]]></name></author>
		<updated>2020-01-17T16:43:03+00:00</updated>

		<published>2020-01-17T16:43:03+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42573#p42573</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42573#p42573"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: URDF axis problem in retrieving the position]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42573#p42573"><![CDATA[
Still working on the same problem I found this <a href="https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/issues/2336" class="postlink">https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/issues/2336</a>.<br>But it sounds more like a dirty workaround and doesn't solve the problems I have in determining the positions of my objects.<br><br>I hope someone can help me.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13510">Fra</a> — Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:43 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Fra]]></name></author>
		<updated>2020-01-16T22:06:29+00:00</updated>

		<published>2020-01-16T22:06:29+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42570#p42570</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42570#p42570"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: URDF axis problem in retrieving the position]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42570#p42570"><![CDATA[
My URDF code that describes the car:<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>&lt;?xml version='1.0'?&gt;&lt;robot name="simple_car"&gt;  &lt;material name="body_color"&gt;    &lt;color rgba="0.8 0.8 0 1"/&gt;  &lt;/material&gt;  &lt;material name="wheel"&gt;    &lt;color rgba="0.2 0.2 0.2 1"/&gt;  &lt;/material&gt;  &lt;link name="world"&gt;    &lt;inertial&gt;      &lt;mass value="0"/&gt;      &lt;inertia ixx="0.2125" ixy="-0.005" ixz="0.0225" iyy="0.205" iyz="0.045" izz="0.0125"/&gt;      &lt;origin rpy="0 0 0" xyz="0 0 0"/&gt;    &lt;/inertial&gt;  &lt;/link&gt;&lt;joint name="axis_to_world" type="prismatic"&gt;    &lt;parent link="world"/&gt;    &lt;child link="base_link"/&gt;    &lt;axis xyz="1 0 0"/&gt;    &lt;limit effort="0.0" lower="1" upper="-1" velocity="1000.0"/&gt;    &lt;origin rpy="0 0 0" xyz="0 0 0"/&gt;  &lt;/joint&gt;  &lt;!-- Base link --&gt;  &lt;link name="base_link"&gt;    &lt;visual&gt;      &lt;origin xyz="0 0 0" rpy="0 0 0" /&gt;      &lt;geometry&gt;          &lt;box size="1 0.5 0.25"/&gt;      &lt;/geometry&gt;      &lt;material name="body_color"/&gt;    &lt;/visual&gt;    &lt;inertial&gt;         &lt;mass value="10"/&gt;        &lt;inertia ixx="0.2" ixy="0" ixz="0" iyy="0.2" iyz="0.0" izz="0.2"/&gt;    &lt;/inertial&gt;   &lt;/link&gt;  &lt;!-- Front Right Wheel --&gt;  &lt;link name="f_r_wheel"&gt;    &lt;visual&gt;      &lt;origin xyz="0 0 0" rpy="1.570795 0 0" /&gt;      &lt;geometry&gt;          &lt;cylinder length="0.1" radius="0.2" /&gt;      &lt;/geometry&gt;      &lt;material name="wheel"/&gt;    &lt;/visual&gt;    &lt;collision&gt;      &lt;origin xyz="0 0 0" rpy="1.570795 0 0" /&gt;      &lt;geometry&gt;          &lt;cylinder length="0.1" radius="0.2" /&gt;      &lt;/geometry&gt;    &lt;/collision&gt;    &lt;inertial&gt;        &lt;origin xyz="0 0 0" rpy="1.570795 0 0" /&gt;        &lt;mass value="0.3"/&gt;        &lt;inertia ixx="0.4" ixy="0" ixz="0" iyy="0.4" iyz="0.0" izz="0.2"/&gt;    &lt;/inertial&gt;  &lt;/link&gt;  &lt;joint name="joint_f_r_wheel" type="continuous"&gt;    &lt;parent link="base_link"/&gt;    &lt;child link="f_r_wheel"/&gt;    &lt;origin xyz="0.25 -0.30 0" rpy="0 0 0" /&gt;     &lt;axis xyz="0 1 0" rpy="0 0 0" /&gt;  &lt;/joint&gt;    &lt;!-- Back Right Wheel --&gt;  &lt;link name="b_r_wheel"&gt;    &lt;visual&gt;      &lt;origin xyz="0 0 0" rpy="1.570795 0 0" /&gt;      &lt;geometry&gt;          &lt;cylinder length="0.1" radius="0.2" /&gt;      &lt;/geometry&gt;      &lt;material name="wheel"/&gt;    &lt;/visual&gt;    &lt;collision&gt;      &lt;origin xyz="0 0 0" rpy="1.570795 0 0" /&gt;      &lt;geometry&gt;          &lt;cylinder length="0.1" radius="0.2" /&gt;      &lt;/geometry&gt;    &lt;/collision&gt;    &lt;inertial&gt;        &lt;origin xyz="0 0 0" rpy="1.570795 0 0" /&gt;        &lt;mass value="0.3"/&gt;        &lt;inertia ixx="0.4" ixy="0" ixz="0" iyy="0.4" iyz="0.0" izz="0.2"/&gt;    &lt;/inertial&gt;  &lt;/link&gt;  &lt;joint name="joint_b_r_wheel" type="continuous"&gt;    &lt;parent link="base_link"/&gt;    &lt;child link="b_r_wheel"/&gt;    &lt;origin xyz="-0.25 -0.30 0" rpy="0 0 0" /&gt;     &lt;axis xyz="0 1 0" rpy="0 0 0" /&gt;  &lt;/joint&gt;    &lt;!-- Front Left Wheel --&gt;  &lt;link name="f_l_wheel"&gt;    &lt;visual&gt;      &lt;origin xyz="0 0 0" rpy="1.570795 0 0" /&gt;      &lt;geometry&gt;          &lt;cylinder length="0.1" radius="0.2" /&gt;      &lt;/geometry&gt;      &lt;material name="wheel"/&gt;    &lt;/visual&gt;    &lt;collision&gt;      &lt;origin xyz="0 0 0" rpy="1.570795 0 0" /&gt;      &lt;geometry&gt;          &lt;cylinder length="0.1" radius="0.2" /&gt;      &lt;/geometry&gt;    &lt;/collision&gt;    &lt;inertial&gt;        &lt;origin xyz="0 0 0" rpy="1.570795 0 0" /&gt;        &lt;mass value="0.3"/&gt;        &lt;inertia ixx="0.4" ixy="0" ixz="0" iyy="0.4" iyz="0.0" izz="0.2"/&gt;    &lt;/inertial&gt;  &lt;/link&gt;  &lt;joint name="joint_f_l_wheel" type="continuous"&gt;    &lt;parent link="base_link"/&gt;    &lt;child link="f_l_wheel"/&gt;    &lt;origin xyz="0.25 0.30 0" rpy="0 0 0" /&gt;     &lt;axis xyz="0 1 0" rpy="0 0 0" /&gt;  &lt;/joint&gt;  &lt;!-- Back Left Wheel --&gt;  &lt;link name="b_l_wheel"&gt;    &lt;visual&gt;      &lt;origin xyz="0 0 0" rpy="1.570795 0 0" /&gt;      &lt;geometry&gt;          &lt;cylinder length="0.1" radius="0.2" /&gt;      &lt;/geometry&gt;      &lt;material name="wheel"/&gt;    &lt;/visual&gt;    &lt;collision&gt;      &lt;origin xyz="0 0 0" rpy="1.570795 0 0" /&gt;      &lt;geometry&gt;          &lt;cylinder length="0.1" radius="0.2" /&gt;      &lt;/geometry&gt;    &lt;/collision&gt;    &lt;inertial&gt;        &lt;origin xyz="0 0 0" rpy="1.570795 0 0" /&gt;        &lt;mass value="0.3"/&gt;        &lt;inertia ixx="0.4" ixy="0" ixz="0" iyy="0.4" iyz="0.0" izz="0.2"/&gt;    &lt;/inertial&gt;  &lt;/link&gt;  &lt;joint name="joint_b_l_wheel" type="continuous"&gt;    &lt;parent link="base_link"/&gt;    &lt;child link="b_l_wheel"/&gt;    &lt;origin xyz="-0.25 0.30 0" rpy="0 0 0" /&gt;     &lt;axis xyz="0 1 0" rpy="0 0 0" /&gt;  &lt;/joint&gt;&lt;/robot&gt;</code></pre></div><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13510">Fra</a> — Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:06 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Fra]]></name></author>
		<updated>2020-01-16T22:16:21+00:00</updated>

		<published>2020-01-16T22:05:25+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42569#p42569</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42569#p42569"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[URDF axis problem in retrieving the position]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42569#p42569"><![CDATA[
Hello everyone!<br>I'm new here and I'm also new as to the simulation/robotic world.<br><br>I stumbled upon this library due to a machine learning project I'm currently working on. I need to build a sort of playground in which I can train and tests my algorithms and I need to control every possible aspect of the environment (that's why openai's gym doesn't meet my requirements). I built my URDF model following some tutorials and the official reference but it doesn't work as I would expect and I would be very glad if someone can give me some tips to go forward.<br><br><span style="text-decoration:underline">The idea behind:</span><br>The first environment I'm working on it's composed by a plane and two cars. The cars are aligned on the same axis and, ideally, they should only move along this axis. At each timestep I should be able to measure the absolute positions of the two to compute distance etc.<br><br><span style="text-decoration:underline">What I did so far:</span><br>I created the model and, trying to mimic the example of the 2D biped (biped/biped2d_pybullet.urdf, provided in pybullet_data), I succeeded in constraining it on just one axis (URDF code in the next post). <br><br>The problem now is that, querying the position from my model (using <em class="text-italics">bullet.getBasePositionAndOrientation(car)</em>), it always returns the position of the fake element that I introduced just to restrict the movement of my car to only one axis.<br><br>Do you have a better or a more elegant solution to accomplish my task? How can I fix this unwanted behavior?<br>Thank you in advance!<br><br><strong class="text-strong">edit</strong>: the perfect solution would allow the car also to follow some steep paths, hence should support the movement into two axis, not just one.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13510">Fra</a> — Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:05 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
