<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12787" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2019-10-24T01:53:32+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12787</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2019-10-24T01:53:32+00:00</updated>

		<published>2019-10-24T01:53:32+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42434#p42434</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42434#p42434"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: The difference between setJointMotorControl2 and resetJointState]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42434#p42434"><![CDATA[
reset* functions teleport the robot into some state, ignoring all dynamics.<br><br>setJointMotorControl2 will set some targets and let the simulation try to achieve those, so they obey the laws of physics.<br><br>The examples may use one or the other.<br>It is best to never use reset* functions while simulating, only when you reset your application/episode (unless you know that the dynamics won't be violated)<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:53 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[goktug]]></name></author>
		<updated>2019-10-21T13:49:52+00:00</updated>

		<published>2019-10-21T13:49:52+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42430#p42430</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42430#p42430"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[The difference between setJointMotorControl2 and resetJointState]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42430#p42430"><![CDATA[
When I was working with baxter robot in pybullet simulation environment, I noticed that there is a sample inverse kinematics code in following GitHub link: <a href="https://github.com/erwincoumans/pybullet_robots/blob/master/baxter_ik_demo.py" class="postlink">https://github.com/erwincoumans/pybulle ... ik_demo.py</a><br><br>I examined the code, and tried it to move end effector of my baxter to particular location. It worked; there is no problem. However, why was not the function "setJointMotorControl2" used in line 123 ? Is there a difference between "resetJointState" and "setJointMotorControl2" functions ?<br><br>I replaced it with "setJointMotorControl2" function in line 123. The end effector moved to my particular location, but when I tried to print the variable "newPos", I noticed that it did not change. It was changing when I used "resetJointState" function.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13447">goktug</a> — Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:49 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
