<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12735" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2019-08-09T06:37:34+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12735</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[vadimus]]></name></author>
		<updated>2019-08-09T06:37:34+00:00</updated>

		<published>2019-08-09T06:37:34+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42307#p42307</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42307#p42307"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Modifying existing MultiBody]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42307#p42307"><![CDATA[
I'm looking for a way to modify a body created loadURDF - for example, add extra links to it.  Is there a way to do it? <br><br>createMultiBody doesn't seem to have parameters for "parent body" and always creates everything from scratch.<br><br>Update: Since posting this I've found urdfEditor and combineUrdf example. However, urdfEditor ignores link limits.  I think I have a working fix though, can provide PR/diff if anyone is interested.<br><br>Update2: roundtrip the model though urdfEditor (loadURDF followed by saveUrdf) and inverse kinematics ends up broken, giving out the following message, while it works fine on the original URDF.<br><br>b3Printf: Calculate Inverse Kinematics Request failed<br>b3Printf: b3Warning[examples/SharedMemory/PhysicsClientSharedMemory.cpp,1126]:.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13086">vadimus</a> — Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:37 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
