<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12656" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2019-04-15T15:48:38+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12656</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[zmuszynska]]></name></author>
		<updated>2019-04-15T15:48:38+00:00</updated>

		<published>2019-04-15T15:48:38+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42017#p42017</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42017#p42017"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Collision detection using .stl/.dae meshes ?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42017#p42017"><![CDATA[
Hello<br><br>I would like to use PyBullet in order to check whether the next target pose is valid : i.e does not provoke self collision nor collision with surrounding objects.<br><br>I'm using <strong class="text-strong">getAABB</strong> and <strong class="text-strong">getContactPoints</strong> from the API but the results are insufficient : constructed bounding boxes lack precision I need to ensure the robot's and environment safety. Therefore I get many false positives for example when the robot isn't self colliding but the corresponding bounding boxes overlap. <br><br>Is there any way to check for collisions directly on <strong class="text-strong">meshes </strong> provided by the URDF file ?  I get the feeling that it is possible in C++ bullet but I'm not sure whether it is exposed in the API. <br><br>Would recreating my robot using createVisualShape/createCollisionShape primitives and creating a multibody work ? Has anyone successfully integrated another Python library to their simulations for more sophisticated collision detection ? <br><br>Thank you very much for your feedback !<br><br><strong class="text-strong">EDIT</strong> : After spending some more time on the subject, I get the feeling that <strong class="text-strong">getClosestPoints</strong> computes points from mesh directly, it should do the trick ! I filter out points corresponding to the same link and the ones corresponding to immediately consecutive robot links.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13265">zmuszynska</a> — Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:48 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
