<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12640" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2019-03-25T09:30:19+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12640</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Leith]]></name></author>
		<updated>2019-03-25T09:30:19+00:00</updated>

		<published>2019-03-25T09:30:19+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41960#p41960</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41960#p41960"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Infinite loop in debug-drawing of (violated, disabled) constraints]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41960#p41960"><![CDATA[
Hey guys, I may have stumbled on a small bug in btDiscreteDynamicsWorld::debugDrawWorld()<br><br>I have an armature of constrained dynamic rigidbodies, the constraints are disabled. After the physics step, but before debug-drawing, I manually constrain (ie teleport) the bodies to an animated skeleton (yeah I know, I could use kinematic bodies, and no constraints, there's a few reasons I choose to use dynamic bodies...) Now, since I have teleported my bodies, but not informed the constraints (which are disabled), those constraints are highly likely to have been violated - which should not matter, since they are disabled, right? Wrong!<br><br>The problem I'm trying to describe, is that btDiscreteDynamicsWorld::debugDrawWorld() does not check if a constraint is enabled, or in a valid state, prior to attempting to draw it - this leads me into an infinite loop with respect to drawing of angular limits of constraints.<br><br>I'm using Bullet 2.86.1 (I believe - it's the Urho3D Master branch).<br><br>I've managed to work around the issue by disabling rendering of constraint limits, but that's not really a satisfactory solution.<br>Anyone care to chime in?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13246">Leith</a> — Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:30 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
