<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12623" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2022-11-01T13:17:51+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12623</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[cemr]]></name></author>
		<updated>2022-11-01T13:17:51+00:00</updated>

		<published>2022-11-01T13:17:51+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44160#p44160</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44160#p44160"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: PyBullet and ROS?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44160#p44160"><![CDATA[
Hi, we have developed an interface between ROS and PyBullet that was recently accepted at CoRL 2022:<br><br><a href="https://arxiv.org/abs/2210.06887" class="postlink">https://arxiv.org/abs/2210.06887</a><br><br>We will be making the code open source very soon (link in the paper).<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14294">cemr</a> — Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:17 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2019-03-09T01:13:46+00:00</updated>

		<published>2019-03-09T01:13:46+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41916#p41916</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41916#p41916"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: PyBullet and ROS?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41916#p41916"><![CDATA[
It should be reasonably easy to write a bridge between ROS and PyBullet, for example in Python.<br><br>PyBullet can already load URDF and SDF files and you can get all information and control through Python.<br>Python can communicate to a PyBullet simulator and share ROS topics.<br>There is no out-of-the box solution at the moment though.<br><br><br>I created this issue, in case someone has time to help out:<br><a href="https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/issues/2151" class="postlink">https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/issues/2151</a><br><br>As alternative, there is Gibson, which uses PyBullet and its own rendering. It seems to be ROS bindings: <a href="https://github.com/StanfordVL/GibsonEnv" class="postlink">https://github.com/StanfordVL/GibsonEnv</a><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:13 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[jonathans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2019-03-08T15:04:05+00:00</updated>

		<published>2019-03-08T15:04:05+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41915#p41915</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41915#p41915"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[PyBullet and ROS?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41915#p41915"><![CDATA[
So I'm wondering if there's a reasonably simple way of connecting ROS and PyBullet? Is there a tutorial somewhere? I've looked but couldn't find anything.<br><br>What I want is a good, free physics engine to simulate a robot that is in contact with the environment. I want friction and all these other contact related things too. I want it to be fast and stable as well which is why I figured it might be better to go with PyBullet than Gazebo-Bullet. I want ROS mainly for doing all the control, kinematics and path planning etc. so I don't have to implement that from scratch.<br><br>If you recommend some completely different sw setup for this, I'd be happy to hear it.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13228">jonathans</a> — Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:04 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
