<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12622" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2019-03-09T01:21:08+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12622</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2019-03-09T01:21:08+00:00</updated>

		<published>2019-03-09T01:21:08+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41918#p41918</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41918#p41918"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Simulating indirect drives]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41918#p41918"><![CDATA[
We currently don't have an API to exceed the maximum RPM of 100, but we probably should add it.<br><br>There is an old issue here, I should implement it:<br><a href="https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/issues/1890" class="postlink">https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/issues/1890</a><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:21 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[robotguy]]></name></author>
		<updated>2019-03-04T15:06:12+00:00</updated>

		<published>2019-03-04T15:06:12+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41907#p41907</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41907#p41907"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Simulating indirect drives]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41907#p41907"><![CDATA[
Hi,<br>I am fairly new to PyBullet and have a question regarding actuator modelling: Currently, I am modelling a robot that uses drives equipped with high ratio gears (&gt;100). I want to model the effects of the motor inertia sitting behind the gear. The motor should be operated in torque-control mode. Is there any option besides using a gear constraint? The problem here is that the motor inertia would rotate with a very high velocity of &gt;100 rad/s (Does the python binding even expose an option to increase the maximum angular velocity ?) which could potentially create instabilities.<br><br>Thank you in advance.<br>Best regards.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13216">robotguy</a> — Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:06 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
