<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12608" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2019-02-12T20:02:28+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12608</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Tadek]]></name></author>
		<updated>2019-02-12T20:02:28+00:00</updated>

		<published>2019-02-12T20:02:28+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41863#p41863</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41863#p41863"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[raycast vehicle - understanding coordinate system]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41863#p41863"><![CDATA[
Bullet world space coordinate system is the same as opengl world coordinate system. I have noticed that raycast vehicle has the following function:<br><div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>virtual void btRaycastVehicle::setCoordinateSystem(int rightIndex,                                                   int upIndex,                                                   int forwardIndex);</code></pre></div>How does that function work ?<br><br>By default raycast vehicle has the following parametets:<ul><li>forward vector: [0, 1, 0]</li></ul><ul><li>forward axis: 1</li></ul><ul><li>right axis: 0</li></ul><ul><li>up axis: 2</li></ul>Does it mean that y axis is swapped with z axis ?<br><br>After calling:<br><div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>raycastVehicle.setCoordinateSystem(0,1,2);</code></pre></div>I get the following parameters:<ul><li>forward vector: [0, 0, 1]</li></ul><ul><li>forward axis: 2</li></ul><ul><li>right axis: 0</li></ul><ul><li>up axis: 1</li></ul>which makes more sense to me but I'm still confused why a default setup is other (not compatible with world coordinate system) and how to interpret it.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=12017">Tadek</a> — Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:02 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
