<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12607" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2019-02-11T12:04:11+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12607</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[random]]></name></author>
		<updated>2019-02-11T12:04:11+00:00</updated>

		<published>2019-02-11T12:04:11+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41861#p41861</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41861#p41861"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Best way to do cam/roller collision?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41861#p41861"><![CDATA[
Hello, <br><br>What would be the most appropriate way to implement cam / cam follower collision? Cam is a (possibly concave) prism and follower is a cylinder. I do not expect top/bottom collisions, only side to side. See pic here: <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&amp;t=12591" class="postlink">viewtopic.php?f=9&amp;t=12591</a> <br>There is going to be quite a few cams like that in the final system. The cams are all generated programmaticaly.<br>I guess I can either:<br>* Generate my cam as a union of a lot of skinny triangular prisms<br>* Use built in convex decomposition <br>* Use GImpact or some other existing concave mesh collision method<br>* Write my own prism/cylinder collision algorithm<br>Any suggestions?<br><br>Thanks,R<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13194">random</a> — Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:04 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
