<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12460" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2018-11-06T04:59:48+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12460</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2018-11-06T04:59:48+00:00</updated>

		<published>2018-11-06T04:59:48+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41566#p41566</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41566#p41566"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Reset gym environment with an observation]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41566#p41566"><![CDATA[
You will have to manually reset the state for all objects. See resetJointState and resetBasePositionAndOrientation, resetBaseVelocity in the <a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/10sXEhzFRSnvFcl3XxNGhnD4N2SedqwdAvK3dsihxVUA/edit#heading=h.2ye70wns7io3" class="postlink">PyBullet Quickstart Guide</a>.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:59 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[i14d4]]></name></author>
		<updated>2018-10-16T15:10:28+00:00</updated>

		<published>2018-10-16T15:10:28+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41517#p41517</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41517#p41517"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Reset gym environment with an observation]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41517#p41517"><![CDATA[
Hi everyone ! <br><br>I would like to create a controller for the gym Hopper environment. Therefore I would like to create a state/dynamics equation to use afterwards finite difference. This dynamic function should have an observation and action as input and the next state as output, so somewhat similar to this pseudo-code:<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>def state_equation(observation, action):env.set_state(observation) #THIS function is missing..next_state, _, _, _ = env.step(action)return next_state</code></pre></div>Therefore it is necessary to reset the environment with a given observation (and change the observations/state to calculate the derivative..). And this is the problem: I cannot find a solution to set the environment to a specific state given an observation. <br><br>I know that I can use following commands to save and restore a state but this doesn't help since I want to set the environment to a state given any observation without visiting and saving it before..<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code> stateId = p.saveState()  p.restoreState(stateId) </code></pre></div><strong class="text-strong">So in the end my question is:</strong> Is there any way to realize the dynamics function ? Or a solution to reset the environment with a given observation? Or any other advice to solve my problem?<br><br>Thank you very much in advance for any advice and kind regards !<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13052">i14d4</a> — Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:10 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
