<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12345" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2018-10-05T01:04:06+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12345</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2018-10-05T01:04:06+00:00</updated>

		<published>2018-10-05T01:04:06+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41485#p41485</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41485#p41485"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Programmatically create a multi-body chain]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41485#p41485"><![CDATA[
We didn't expose spherical joints in PyBullet yet, since none of our robots have spherical joints. You can use multiple revolute joints though.<br><br>&gt;&gt; Is there a way to specify the joint position w.r.t. the parent body, <br><br>Yes. I would suggest first learning a bit more about URDF, that gives a better idea.<br>The 'linkPositions' and 'linkOrientations' allows to express the link/joint frame. In addition, you can express the inertial frame of each link, and the visual shape/collision shape have their own local frames too.<br><br>The UrdfEditor can also help, see <a href="https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/blob/master/examples/pybullet/gym/pybullet_utils/urdfEditor.py" class="postlink">https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet ... fEditor.py</a><br>(you can load a URDF, then it can programmatically re-create a similar multibody as the URDF)<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:04 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[richardbloemenkamp]]></name></author>
		<updated>2018-09-28T17:29:25+00:00</updated>

		<published>2018-09-28T17:29:25+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41473#p41473</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41473#p41473"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Programmatically create a multi-body chain]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41473#p41473"><![CDATA[
Not sure I understand it perfectly but I maybe my example video: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-Pj9AV6wfo" class="postlink">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-Pj9AV6wfo</a> can help you. The sourcecode is found at <a href="https://github.com/richardbloemenkamp/Robotdog/blob/master/robotdog.py" class="postlink">https://github.com/richardbloemenkamp/R ... obotdog.py</a>. Basically I use extra small objects as joint elements. There may be better ways though.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13031">richardbloemenkamp</a> — Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:29 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[chhinze]]></name></author>
		<updated>2018-08-21T13:09:51+00:00</updated>

		<published>2018-08-21T13:09:51+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41326#p41326</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41326#p41326"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Programmatically create a multi-body chain]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41326#p41326"><![CDATA[
I am trying to create a multibody chain in pybullet similar to the C++ example in examples/MultiBody/SerialChains.{cpp|h}. So far the plan is to use<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>mID = createMultibody(...)</code></pre></div>for this purpose. So far, the following problems occured:<ul><li> spherical joints do not seem to work. As far as I was able to follow the code, the problem lies in class examples/SharedMemory/PhysicsServerCommandProcessor which creates a multibody object with a ProgrammaticUrdfInterface instance. Is there a possibility to bypass the loading of an URDF file on multibody creation to directly create a btMultiBody object? Or would this need a rewriting of the pybullet/C API?</li><li> even when using rotary joints (to create a 2D representation) I was not able to create the joints between the ends of two links. Instead, the joint was always rotating around the center of mass of the parent link. Is there a way to specify the joint position w.r.t. the parent body, which I missed? I only found the linkPositions parameter specifying the position from joint to child body.</li></ul>Best regards<br>Chris<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=12911">chhinze</a> — Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:09 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
