<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12166" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2018-10-01T18:00:34+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12166</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[richardbloemenkamp]]></name></author>
		<updated>2018-10-01T18:00:34+00:00</updated>

		<published>2018-10-01T18:00:34+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41479#p41479</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41479#p41479"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Use mouse to control camera view in opengl window]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41479#p41479"><![CDATA[
Yes that works great! I definitely thought I had tried that before without result but apparently not.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13031">richardbloemenkamp</a> — Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:00 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2018-09-30T12:31:46+00:00</updated>

		<published>2018-09-30T12:31:46+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41476#p41476</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41476#p41476"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Use mouse to control camera view in opengl window]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41476#p41476"><![CDATA[
Try holding the CONTROL or ALT key + left or middle or left mouse button to rotate, pan or zoom the camera, while dragging the mouse.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:31 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[richardbloemenkamp]]></name></author>
		<updated>2018-09-28T17:41:32+00:00</updated>

		<published>2018-09-28T17:41:32+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41474#p41474</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41474#p41474"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Use mouse to control camera view in opengl window]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41474#p41474"><![CDATA[
I think most of us have found the same issue and then turned to programmatically work around it. I think it will be improved in a future version. <br>Hope the example below helps you a bit further.<br><br>Example of moving the camera around programmatically with the keys (not the mouse sorry) while staying directed towards object called 'dog'<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>while (1):    cubePos, cubeOrn = p.getBasePositionAndOrientation(dog)    p.resetDebugVisualizerCamera( cameraDistance=cdist, cameraYaw=cyaw, cameraPitch=cpitch, cameraTargetPosition=cubePos)    keys = p.getKeyboardEvents()    #Keys to change camera    if keys.get(100):  #D        cyaw+=1    if keys.get(97):   #A        cyaw-=1    if keys.get(99):   #C        cpitch+=1    if keys.get(102):  #F        cpitch-=1    if keys.get(122):  #Z        cdist+=.01    if keys.get(120):  #X        cdist-=.01</code></pre></div><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13031">richardbloemenkamp</a> — Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:41 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[cmoses]]></name></author>
		<updated>2018-09-19T14:17:49+00:00</updated>

		<published>2018-09-19T14:17:49+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41455#p41455</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41455#p41455"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Use mouse to control camera view in opengl window]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41455#p41455"><![CDATA[
I'm not sure how to do it through mouse control, but you can use the pybullet.resetDebugVisualizerCamera() function explained in the API to change the camera view.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13033">cmoses</a> — Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:17 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[cdm]]></name></author>
		<updated>2018-07-20T23:24:02+00:00</updated>

		<published>2018-07-20T23:24:02+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41080#p41080</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41080#p41080"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Use mouse to control camera view in opengl window]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41080#p41080"><![CDATA[
Hi all,<br>I'm new to pybullet. I was wondering if it is possible to control the 3D view of the opengl window using the mouse? I can only zoom in and out, but not other operations as rotating the view. <br>I mean just moving the 3D view as you can do with most viewers.<br>Does this require code or there is some trick with the mouse that I haven't discovered? (Using python3 in ubuntu 16.04). <br>Thanks.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=12817">cdm</a> — Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:24 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
