<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12165" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2020-10-16T15:19:02+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12165</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[abk]]></name></author>
		<updated>2020-10-16T15:19:02+00:00</updated>

		<published>2020-10-16T15:19:02+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43146#p43146</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43146#p43146"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: How to disable collisions?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43146#p43146"><![CDATA[
Hi Erwin,<br>If an object is fully masked (like you proposed), will it still have any affect on the physical simulation?<br>thanks<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13791">abk</a> — Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:19 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Senpid Sinclair]]></name></author>
		<updated>2018-09-26T12:16:48+00:00</updated>

		<published>2018-09-26T12:16:48+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41467#p41467</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41467#p41467"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: How to disable collisions?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41467#p41467"><![CDATA[
Thank you so much guys I will try it out immediately.<br>I am so glad this was answered after all.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=12709">Senpid Sinclair</a> — Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:16 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2018-09-13T03:32:44+00:00</updated>

		<published>2018-09-13T03:32:44+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41447#p41447</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41447#p41447"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: How to disable collisions?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41447#p41447"><![CDATA[
I just implemented a few ways to do it:<br><br>Disable collisions per object pair / link:<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>enableCollision= 0pybullet.setCollisionFilterPair(objectUniqueIdA, objectUniqueIdB, linkIndexA, linkIndexB, enableCollision)</code></pre></div>or disable collisions per group of objects:<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>group = 0#other objects don't collide with memask=0 # don't collide with any other objectpybullet. setCollisionFilterGroupMask(objectUniqueId, linkIndex, group, mask)</code></pre></div><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:32 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[ardabbour]]></name></author>
		<updated>2018-09-03T11:35:28+00:00</updated>

		<published>2018-09-03T11:35:28+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41395#p41395</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41395#p41395"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: How to disable collisions?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41395#p41395"><![CDATA[
You can use visual shapes without collision shapes. For example, your URDF code can be:<br><div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>&lt;?xml version="1.0"?&gt;&lt;robot name="cube"&gt;  &lt;link name="base_link"&gt;    &lt;collision&gt;      &lt;geometry&gt;        &lt;box size="0 0 0"/&gt;      &lt;/geometry&gt;    &lt;/collision&gt;    &lt;inertial&gt;      &lt;mass value="0"/&gt;    &lt;inertia ixx="0" ixy="0" ixz="0" iyy="0" iyz="0" izz="0"/&gt;  &lt;/inertial&gt;    &lt;visual&gt;      &lt;geometry&gt;        &lt;box size="1 1 1"/&gt;      &lt;/geometry&gt;    &lt;/visual&gt;  &lt;/link&gt;&lt;/robot&gt;</code></pre></div><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=12388">ardabbour</a> — Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:35 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Senpid Sinclair]]></name></author>
		<updated>2018-07-20T11:04:18+00:00</updated>

		<published>2018-07-20T11:04:18+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41078#p41078</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41078#p41078"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[How to disable collisions?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=41078#p41078"><![CDATA[
I know that collision detection/avoidance is what bullet is all about but I really just want to use it as a visualizer for robot stuff (like rviz but without ros) because it is very easy to setup.<br><br>So far for testing I am just loading robots via the URDF loader and they are going crazy when spawned into each other.<br><br>Now my question is: How can I either:<br>a) globally disable collisions or<br>b) disable collisions per object?<br><br>In another thread I found someone recommending setting a flag `CF_NO_CONTACT_RESPONSE` in the C++ code, but I haven't found that one in the pybullet lib and wouldn't know how to apply this. I was hoping that the URDF loader has this somehow as an optional flag, but not from what I saw.<br><br>Thanks so much in advance.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=12709">Senpid Sinclair</a> — Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:04 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
