<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12053" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2018-04-11T16:39:03+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12053</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[logic-man]]></name></author>
		<updated>2018-04-11T16:39:03+00:00</updated>

		<published>2018-04-11T16:39:03+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40557#p40557</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40557#p40557"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: pyBullet vs Gazebo]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40557#p40557"><![CDATA[
Thanks so much! This is very helpful. I am assuming that pyBullet plays well with ROS too.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=12663">logic-man</a> — Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:39 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2018-04-11T07:14:47+00:00</updated>

		<published>2018-04-11T07:14:47+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40556#p40556</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40556#p40556"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: pyBullet vs Gazebo]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40556#p40556"><![CDATA[
Ultimately you can try out both and decide for yourself.<br><blockquote class="uncited"><div>It seems that Gazebo uses Bullet</div></blockquote>Gazebo uses btRigidBody from Bullet (maximal coordinate rigid bodies) which is not necessary the best way for robotics, it allows for joint gap.<br><br><a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/10sXEhzFRSnvFcl3XxNGhnD4N2SedqwdAvK3dsihxVUA/edit#heading=h.2ye70wns7io3" class="postlink">PyBullet</a> uses Featherstone articulated rigid bodies (btMultiBody) by default, which is more suitable for robotics related task.<br>In addition, PyBullet has inverse dynamics, inverse kinematics, rendering, VR, and has default examples for Reinforcement Learning, using OpenAI.<br><br>Both Gazebo and PyBullet use URDF and SDF files as input. PyBullet allows to import MuJoCo files as well.<br>Both have a C plugin mechanism.<br><br>Aside from this, PyBullet can be installed with 1 line:<blockquote class="uncited"><div>pip install pybullet</div></blockquote>Note that you can also use PyBullet framework from C and C++, in that case you use the <a href="https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/blob/master/examples/SharedMemory/PhysicsClientC_API.h" class="postlink">Bullet-C-API</a> or <a href="https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/blob/master/examples/RobotSimulator/b3RobotSimulatorClientAPI_NoGUI.h" class="postlink">Robotics C++ API</a>.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:14 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[adamweshall]]></name></author>
		<updated>2018-04-10T21:01:37+00:00</updated>

		<published>2018-04-10T21:01:37+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40555#p40555</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40555#p40555"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: pyBullet vs Gazebo]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40555#p40555"><![CDATA[
A couple reasons I went with pybullet over Gazebo:<br><br>-Pybullet has easier set-up in my opinion. In my experience using gazebo you are forced to use their directory structures etc. I found pybullet a bit more flexible.<br>-Pybullet use python and Gazebo does not. Gazebo is mostly c++. I find it more difficult to quickly prototype ideas and test new libraries in c++ than in python so I went with pybullet.<br><br>A couple plus sides of Gazebo: <br>-If you want to use ROS, Gazebo interfaces nicely with ROS<br>-If you prefer c++ development environment<br>-Probably other things as I'm not that experienced with Gazebo.<br><br>I'm still pretty new to pybullet. I have found some limitations of the pybullet bindings but most things I want to do I have found a way to do them.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=12661">adamweshall</a> — Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:01 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[logic-man]]></name></author>
		<updated>2018-04-10T19:33:03+00:00</updated>

		<published>2018-04-10T19:33:03+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40554#p40554</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40554#p40554"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[pyBullet vs Gazebo]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40554#p40554"><![CDATA[
I'm new to pyBullet and I am wondering if anyone can give me a general sense of the differences between pyBullet and Gazebo for robotic simulation. It seems that Gazebo uses Bullet, amongst others, as a base physics engine. But, I am wondering if anyone had a sense for why people would choose one over the other. Is one faster? easier to work with? etc.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=12663">logic-man</a> — Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:33 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
