<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/1201" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2007-06-04T07:52:00+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/1201</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Hanz]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-06-04T07:52:00+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-06-04T07:52:00+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4417#p4417</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4417#p4417"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Impulse based collision response and featherstone constraint]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4417#p4417"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div><br>Thanks for point me about that, but I failed to find any related post in <br>the above link. And I searched " iterative LCP"  and I got quite a few links <br>and I am not sure which one you are referring to.<br><br>Would you please post the link again?<br></div></blockquote>EDIT:<br><br>I think the following page is the one Erwin quoted:<br><br>  Equivalence sequential impulses &amp; Projected Gauss Seidel @<br><br>  <a href="http://www.continuousphysics.com/Bullet/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=208" class="postlink">http://www.continuousphysics.com/Bullet ... .php?t=208</a><br><br>Thanks a lot.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1771">Hanz</a> — Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:52 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Hanz]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-06-04T05:58:01+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-06-04T05:58:01+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4415#p4415</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4415#p4415"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Impulse based collision response and featherstone constraint]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4415#p4415"><![CDATA[
Thank you for your reply...<br><br><blockquote class="uncited"><div>Using Featherstone in combination with contact resolution using<blockquote class="uncited"><div>1. LCP-solver based method <br><br>2. Impulse based method </div></blockquote>Impulse bases method are <a href="http://www.continuousphysics.com/Bullet/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=894" class="postlink">equivalent to an iterative LCP</a> method called SOR PGS  (**). <br><br>Erwin</div></blockquote>Thanks for point me about that, but I failed to find any related post in <br>the above link. And I searched " iterative LCP"  and I got quite a few links <br>and I am not sure which one you are referring to.<br><br>Would you please post the link again?<br><blockquote class="uncited"><div>You can read in above link that several people integrated Featherstone with such impulse based method/iterative LCP methods, and I am planning to add a contribution of this to Bullet physics engine (Bullet uses a 3D implementation of 'sequential impulse based method' / iterative LCP).<br><br>Hope this helps,<br>Erwin</div></blockquote>Glad to hear that. <br><br>Yes, I checked the Bullet TODO list and Featherstone constraint is there.<br><br>I will try to get the points of "iterative LCP impulse method" and thank <br>you for time again.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1771">Hanz</a> — Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:58 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-06-04T05:23:16+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-06-04T05:23:16+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4413#p4413</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4413#p4413"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Impulse based collision response and featherstone constraint]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4413#p4413"><![CDATA[
Using Featherstone in combination with contact resolution using<blockquote class="uncited"><div>1. LCP-solver based method <br><br>2. Impulse based method </div></blockquote>Impulse bases method are <a href="http://www.continuousphysics.com/Bullet/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=894" class="postlink">equivalent to an iterative LCP</a> method called SOR PGS  (**). <br><br>You can read in above link that several people integrated Featherstone with such impulse based method/iterative LCP methods, and I am planning to add a contribution of this to Bullet physics engine (Bullet uses a 3D implementation of 'sequential impulse based method' / iterative LCP).<br><br>Hope this helps,<br>Erwin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:23 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Hanz]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-06-04T04:27:46+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-06-04T04:27:46+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4411#p4411</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4411#p4411"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Impulse based collision response and featherstone constraint]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4411#p4411"><![CDATA[
Hey, I am now trying to build a robot simulator and I have question about<br>applying impulse based collision response to the featherstone ABA algorithms.<br><br><br>Yes, I need featherstone ABA because in my simulation I need the<br>accurate joint states, and the drifting caused by numeric error should<br>be avoided. Also the joint space variables are necessary for other<br>computations, also the inverse dynamics will be added later.<br><br>Now the featherstone ABA algorithm is OK and I am trying to add<br>collision/contact response. And IIRC there exists mainly two methods:<br><br>1. LCP-solver based method<br><br>2. Impulse based method<br><br>In "Practical Physics for Articulated Characters", Evangelos Kokkevis<br>uses LCP to solve collision problems, and on the other hand, Erin Catto<br>and Jan Bender succeed in applying impulse to collision/contact<br>response (But featherstone constraint not used by them).<br><br>Here since featherstone ABA is a must therefore LCP method is my<br>first choice in my mind. However, after checking Box2D and Jan's<br>paper, I found impulse is really a good thing to handle collision/contact<br>with frictions.<br><br>Does anyone can elaborate on this topic, and hope I can make my<br>final decision for this issue.<br><br>Thank you for your time.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1771">Hanz</a> — Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:27 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
