<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/11953" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2017-12-13T04:03:36+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/11953</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[hotgarlic]]></name></author>
		<updated>2017-12-13T04:03:36+00:00</updated>

		<published>2017-12-13T04:03:36+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40239#p40239</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40239#p40239"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: how to change joint position]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40239#p40239"><![CDATA[
Thanks！<br><br>I have read the example code by code. But I can not find out the code which define the location of joint.<br>The location of joint is always on the center of mass despite I change some arguments.<br><br>In the createMultiBodyLinks.py, the only codes about joint I could find as follows.<br><br>26 jointTypes=[p.JOINT_REVOLUTE] # type definition<br>27 axis=[[0,0,1]] # roll about z axis of the link<br>41 p.setJointMotorControl2(sphereUid,joint,p.VELOCITY_CONTROL,targetVelocity=1,force=10) # no relative to joint location.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=12504">hotgarlic</a> — Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:03 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2017-12-13T02:17:12+00:00</updated>

		<published>2017-12-13T02:17:12+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40236#p40236</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40236#p40236"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: how to change joint position]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40236#p40236"><![CDATA[
The main way to create a robot is creating a URDF file. Aside from that, you can use createMultiBody.<br>get the Bullet source code, and see Bullet/examples/pybullet/examples/createMultiBodyLinks.py for an example (this is in the Pybullet Quickstart Guide)<br><br>The 'createConstraint' is only to attach multiple multibodies together, not to create regular joints.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:17 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[hotgarlic]]></name></author>
		<updated>2017-12-12T08:07:43+00:00</updated>

		<published>2017-12-12T08:07:43+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40227#p40227</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40227#p40227"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[how to change joint position]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40227#p40227"><![CDATA[
There are two ways to create(or set) joint between links. Declare it when create multibody and create constrain.<br>As my understanding of the guide manual.<br><br>But it is strange. I can not change the position of revolute joint in createMultiBody command. Is there some API to change the position?<br>Also, createConstrain has only 3 kind constrain:point2point, fix, prismatic. Why revolute(hinge) is absent?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=12504">hotgarlic</a> — Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:07 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
