<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/11855" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2017-08-30T17:01:06+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/11855</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[mpm]]></name></author>
		<updated>2017-08-30T17:01:06+00:00</updated>

		<published>2017-08-30T17:01:06+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=39873#p39873</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=39873#p39873"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Throwback: Karma physics engine user guide]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=39873#p39873"><![CDATA[
This might not be popular, but while I have not seen much discussion on these forums about the old Karma engine I think it still deserves <br>a special mention. MathEngine's user guide for Karma gives a thorough, although dated, introduction to dynamical simulation for entertainment purposes.<br><br>You can still pull it from UDN at <a href="https://docs.unrealengine.com/udk/Two/rsrc/Two/KarmaReference/KarmaUserGuide.pdf" class="postlink">https://docs.unrealengine.com/udk/Two/r ... rGuide.pdf</a> (from <a href="https://docs.unrealengine.com/udk/Two/KarmaReference.html" class="postlink">https://docs.unrealengine.com/udk/Two/K ... rence.html</a>) and if not I think I should be able to upload it.<br><br>It does not explain how to write your own engine, rather it provides in-depth discussion of many topics and algorithms still relevant today, detailed glossaries, architectural details, and a long list of references in the bibliography section. You can also observe its parlance of the words farfield and nearfield, contrary to broad-/narrowphase which the community seems to have settled on today.<br><br>Features:<ul><li>Broadphase: Incremental SAP</li><li>Narrowphase: GJK, discrete</li><li>Solver: Force-based Lagrange multiplier method implemented by an iterative LCP solver called "Kea"</li><li>Tuning: Epsilon (constant added to matrix diagonal for improved convergence) and gamma (Baumgarte) parameters which I believe are equivalent of ODE's CFM and ERP</li></ul>It would be nice if someone knowledgeable could provide more details about this gem.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=12138">mpm</a> — Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:01 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
