<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/1176" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2007-05-25T20:26:22+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/1176</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[crashlander]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-05-25T20:26:22+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-05-25T20:26:22+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4333#p4333</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4333#p4333"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[2D Rolling Friction for Box2D Based Engine]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4333#p4333"><![CDATA[
Yes, it was attached to a chassis using a revolute joint.  I will mess around with the joint and see if I can smoothing things out.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=462">crashlander</a> — Fri May 25, 2007 8:26 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erin Catto]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-05-25T20:13:52+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-05-25T20:13:52+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4332#p4332</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4332#p4332"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[2D Rolling Friction for Box2D Based Engine]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4332#p4332"><![CDATA[
Is that a wheel attached to a chassis? In that case it might be joint instability. If it is just a circle rolling on a plane, you should have no jitter with the Box2D algorithm.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=12">Erin Catto</a> — Fri May 25, 2007 8:13 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[crashlander]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-05-25T17:30:10+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-05-25T17:30:10+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4330#p4330</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4330#p4330"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[2D Rolling Friction for Box2D Based Engine]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4330#p4330"><![CDATA[
I have a 2D physics engine based closely on Box2D.  I use distance grids for collision detection in order to have other arbitrary collision shapes beside boxes.<br><br>I've noticed when I try to simulate a wheel, the wheel jitters and jumps a lot once it gets moving at even moderate speeds. The collision detection is accurate so I assume its a friction thing?<br><br>There had been another post on these forums regarding implementation of a different friction model for rolling objects but I think that post was lost when the website went down a while back.<br><br>So, my question:  How do I get started implementing a better friction model for rolling objects given the Box2D architecture as a starting point.<br><br>-Thanks<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=462">crashlander</a> — Fri May 25, 2007 5:30 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
