<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/11713" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2017-05-30T09:14:51+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/11713</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[chasester]]></name></author>
		<updated>2017-05-30T09:14:51+00:00</updated>

		<published>2017-05-30T09:14:51+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=39398#p39398</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=39398#p39398"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Creating Bullet ridgid Body from Octree in Real-Time]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=39398#p39398"><![CDATA[
So this may get a little complex but ill try to keep it fairly simplified. (this is C++)<br>Currently I have<br>struct cube - basic node of the octree<br>struct vtxarray  - render information of the above cube which is updated on every change of the octree (only in spots needed)<br><br>I have a vector of vtxarrays which I used to derive the information for<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>        m_indexVertexArrays = new btTriangleIndexVertexArray(TriCount,Indices,indexStride,VertexCount,(btScalar*) &amp;Vertices[0].x(),vertStride);        trimeshShape  = new btBvhTriangleMeshShape(m_indexVertexArrays,useQuantizedAabbCompression,aabbMin,aabbMax);btCollisionShape* groundShape = trimeshShape;</code></pre></div>Is there a way to link into the mesh directly, so I can manipulate it more fluidly. <br><br>Would making every cube (non-empty) in the octree its own mesh be better for realtime manipulation, or is there a better way to build a shape in bullet where I have more control over the verticies. Or are there call backs that I can use to handle collision differently?<br><br>It works right now but its kinda slow on larger sizes (say 100k verts it takes about 1 sec to calculate). <br><br>I can post the code more fluidly if you have any question<br><br>thanx<br>chasester<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=12200">chasester</a> — Tue May 30, 2017 9:14 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
