<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/1142" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2007-05-12T10:36:13+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/1142</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Dirk Gregorius]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-05-12T10:36:13+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-05-12T10:36:13+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4201#p4201</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4201#p4201"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[GJK simplex solving]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4201#p4201"><![CDATA[
I just looked into this topic as well lately and it seems that <a href="http://www.continuousphysics.com/ftp/pub/test/physics/source/gilbert.c" class="postlink">the original GJK code (Johnson's Fortran code converted to C by Ruspini)</a> already used the Voronoi simplex solver. Why did Gino actually prefered his method, even though the Voronoi stuff is around for such a long time and seems to work so much better?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14">Dirk Gregorius</a> — Sat May 12, 2007 10:36 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[John McCutchan]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-05-11T15:16:59+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-05-11T15:16:59+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4197#p4197</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4197#p4197"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[GJK simplex solving]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4197#p4197"><![CDATA[
Hey, I just thought I would mention something I have noticed when playing around with different simplex solving methods.<br><br>I built a test program which fills the simplex with 1,2,3, or 4 points and then gets the closest point on the simplex to the origin. (The tetrahedron simplex isn't tiny or really oblong). I rotate the simplex around slowly. The program draws the simplex and the vector v found by different simplex solving methods.<br><br>I tested 6 solvers:<br><br>1,2,3) My three different implementations "Ginos" method.<br>4) Sold 3.5.4 implementation<br>5) My implementation of voronoi based simplex solver based on the book Real Time Collision Detection and some refinement found in bullet<br>6) Bullet's voronoi simplex solver.<br><br>1-4) fail - often - when it does fail v is a vertex of the simplex (new simplex is a point). I am not sure why this happens.<br>5-6) seem to work great, the vector v smoothly moves around the simplex.<br><br>So, from my experience the voronoi solver method is MUCH better. It could be argued that there is a bug in methods 1,2, or 3 but method 4 should be solid (no pun intended).<br><br>Can anyone reproduce this or am I missing something?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=148">John McCutchan</a> — Fri May 11, 2007 3:16 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
