<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/11219" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2016-06-28T13:00:48+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/11219</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[317070]]></name></author>
		<updated>2016-06-28T13:00:48+00:00</updated>

		<published>2016-06-28T13:00:48+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=37793#p37793</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=37793#p37793"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Higher order integrators for impulse-constraint physics]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=37793#p37793"><![CDATA[
Hi,<br><br>I've been implementing a physics engine for the research in my niche application, using the impulse-constraint method and this document:<br><a href="http://danielchappuis.ch/download/ConstraintsDerivationRigidBody3D.pdf" class="postlink">http://danielchappuis.ch/download/Const ... Body3D.pdf</a><br><br>Now, I was wondering about using higher order integrators in order to reduce the number of computations needed to reach physical relevance (rather than visual accuracy and stability). I have a couple of questions in this regard maybe some people on this forum know the answer to?<ul><li>In the spring-mass type of algorithms, it is not unusual to go to higher order Runge-Kutta methods for integration to have more stability. In the impulse-constraint method, I cannot seem to find any resources on this topic? Is there a specific reason for this?</li><li>How would you use a Runge-Kutta method on impulse-constraint exactly? The result of the every update step are your new velocities, not the forces/accelerations. To find these new velocities, you need the velocities (and positions) of the previous time step as well. I fail to push this into the Runga Kutta integrator.</li><li>Is there an open-source library with other integrators of which I could study the code?</li></ul><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=11759">317070</a> — Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:00 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
