<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/11034" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2016-02-11T16:34:19+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/11034</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2016-02-11T16:34:19+00:00</updated>

		<published>2016-02-11T16:34:19+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=37024#p37024</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=37024#p37024"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: V-Clip patent expired]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=37024#p37024"><![CDATA[
Thanks for sharing Sherm, that is good news.<br><br>I received some contribution to add a V-Clip based convex polyhedral collision detection to Bullet in the past,<br>and didn't use it in part of the patent but also because Bullet has a more general purpose alternative GJK+EPA,<br>MPR and SAT. It could be useful to add it as an alternative/comparison.<br><br>I created an issue but can't tell when I get time for it: <a href="https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/issues/563" class="postlink">https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/issues/563</a><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:34 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[sherm]]></name></author>
		<updated>2016-02-09T05:21:59+00:00</updated>

		<published>2016-02-09T05:21:59+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=37017#p37017</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=37017#p37017"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[V-Clip patent expired]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=37017#p37017"><![CDATA[
Many of you are aware of Brian Mirtich's <a href="https://www.google.com/patents/US6054997" class="postlink">annoying patent on the V-Clip algorithm</a>. I just noticed that Mitsubishi neglected to pay the maintenance fee that was due in 2012 so the patent expired in June, 2012!<br><br>So in case you've been avoiding V-Clip because of the patent, have at it!<br><br>Sherm<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=11626">sherm</a> — Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:21 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
