<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/1101" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2007-04-22T16:59:31+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/1101</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Sphere]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-04-22T16:56:14+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-04-22T16:56:14+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4048#p4048</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4048#p4048"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Blend for above.]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4048#p4048"><![CDATA[
The .blend is here: <a href="http://wcpenney.googlepages.com/4x4Jamboree_0.94-1.blend" class="postlink">http://wcpenney.googlepages.com/4x4Jamb ... 94-1.blend</a><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1707">Sphere</a> — Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:56 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Sphere]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-04-22T16:59:31+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-04-22T16:55:47+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4047#p4047</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4047#p4047"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Vehicle demo: 4x4, steering, trans, suspension. No python.]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4047#p4047"><![CDATA[
Apparently, I have to have one post before posting a URL... I'll add the url for the .blend as an update or reply to this thread.<br><br>Keys:<br>     NumPad 1,2,3 for Gears (vehicle is in neutral when game starts.)<br>     NumPad + - for 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive (vehicle is in 2 when game starts.<br>     Key "H" for high range, and key "L" for low range. (vehicle is in low range when game starts.)<br>     Up arrow for forward.<br>     Down arrow for reverse. Reverse isn't treated as a gear for now and is always available. Reverse is affected by high and low range selection.<br>     Left and right arrows for steering. Release the gas for a second when steering. I'm not sure if blender isn't parsing keys or if the rotational mass is messing with the steering.<br>     Spacebar for brakes (0.01 angV) Useful for easing down slopes etc.<br><br>Suspension is accomplished with 4 constraints per axle acting as springs. The suspension can be changed radically by moving the pivot points around. "Slamming" the vehicle to the ground and making a new body would probably make a fairly nice race car. I may post one of those too...<br><br>Steering is coordinated with a tie rod between the steering knuckles. It's still a bit sloppy, but I think I may be on the right track now to fixing that.<br>Heavier masses and normal grav make the steering much more responsive with less tendency to move the vehicle around.<br><br>Power is handled individually by each wheel. With High and Low range, there is a total of 6 gears for now. Eventually the redundant transmission logic bricks will be relocated to a "transmission" mesh.<br><br>I have various versions in the works. This one has grav set to 14, but I'll post a newer version with the grav set back to 9.8 when I finish it. Setting the grav to normal and increasing all of the component masses results in a much better simulation.<br><br>Suggestions welcome. Copying will be considered flattery.<br><br><br>There is also a thread about it on the blenderartists site.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1707">Sphere</a> — Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:55 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
