<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/10918" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2015-11-17T05:52:48+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/10918</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[blubee]]></name></author>
		<updated>2015-11-17T05:52:48+00:00</updated>

		<published>2015-11-17T05:52:48+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=36616#p36616</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=36616#p36616"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: vectormath library question]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=36616#p36616"><![CDATA[
thanks, i'll have to take some more time to figure this out. I like this library since the math is solid but I just have a little difficulty using it.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=11536">blubee</a> — Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:52 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[d3x0r]]></name></author>
		<updated>2015-11-16T00:37:44+00:00</updated>

		<published>2015-11-16T00:37:44+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=36609#p36609</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=36609#p36609"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: vectormath library question]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=36609#p36609"><![CDATA[
bullet doesn't use a 4x4 matrix.  It uses a 4x3 (for alignment) matrix for orientation and a vector3 (which has 4 elements) for the origin.<br>(btTransform; composed of a btMatrix3x3 and a btVector3)<br>but there's no scaling... <br><br>So I dont think this will help you.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=9738">d3x0r</a> — Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:37 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[blubee]]></name></author>
		<updated>2015-11-15T16:02:01+00:00</updated>

		<published>2015-11-15T16:02:01+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=36608#p36608</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=36608#p36608"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[vectormath library question]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=36608#p36608"><![CDATA[
Is this the right place to ask about the vectormath library that was open sourced by sony a while back?<br><br>I am using the scalar versions for some opengl work and wanted to ask a few questions.<br><br>Typically when doing 4x4 matrix translations I would just edit the 4th column data to translate the object around. With vectormath, there's two 4x4 matrix functions that I see, M4MakeTranslation or M4SetTranslation. Setting translation will reset my model matrix so if it was scaled it will lose it's scale.<br><br>MakeTranslation on the other hand will translate the model but for example if I translate the model 6 units to the right, then try to translate it 12 units up.<br><br>The model will seem to warp from one position to another when changing axis. I get the feeling that I am using the library incorrectly and so I wanted to ask here since it's one of the libraries used in the bullet 3d framework and I originally found the vectormath library in your source code.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=11536">blubee</a> — Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:02 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
