<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/10877" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2015-10-23T13:01:06+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/10877</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Ehsanizadi]]></name></author>
		<updated>2015-10-23T13:01:06+00:00</updated>

		<published>2015-10-23T13:01:06+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=36494#p36494</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=36494#p36494"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[STL importer for softbodies]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=36494#p36494"><![CDATA[
Hi,<br><br>For a project I had to import a softbody from stl, I used the "loadFromMeshSTL.h" (in ../examples/Importers/ImportSTLDemo/), however I found that it only works for rigid bodies.<br>Actually it gets each face and transfers the 3 vertexes individually to the vertices array. As a result, if you make a softbody using a stl object, each triangle will be an individual softbody which is meaningless! however, for rigid bodies, it works fine.<br><br>So, I extended the existing STL importer for softbodies. You can find it here below in the case you needed such thing:<br><a href="https://github.com/Ehsanizadi/Bullet-examples/blob/master/.internalLibs/STLImporter.h" class="postlink">https://github.com/Ehsanizadi/Bullet-ex ... Importer.h</a><br>the function name is :STLImporterToSoftBody<br>It can be regarded as a softbody helper as well.<br>In addition it merges the repetitive vertices and removes them from the memory, resulting a unified and continuous softbody. So, do not hesitate to use it for you arbitary shaped softbodies in Bullet.<br><br>Hope it helps the nice and very supportive Bullet community.<br><br>Ehsan<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=10588">Ehsanizadi</a> — Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:01 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
