<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/1072" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2007-03-20T07:35:59+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/1072</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Tobs]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-03-20T07:35:59+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-03-20T07:35:59+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3963#p3963</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3963#p3963"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Bullet through paper dynamics help needed.]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3963#p3963"><![CDATA[
Hi<br><br>I've been writing my own physics engine and have run into a problem I was hoping to find some help with.  I've checked Bullet and other physics engines and from what I can see they should have the same problem.<br><br>The problem is one of fast moving objects passing through collision.<br><br>I'm using swept collision tests and I'm pretty sure there is no problem with the collision.  So the problem seems to be with my update.<br><br>Much like Bullet and other engines my update is something like:<br><br>- test collision<br>- resolve constraints<br>- move bodies<br><br>What I'm seeing is that sometimes the constraint solver leads to large velocities on bodies which are then moved past the collision.  <br><br>For example if a small light object is stationary but near a collision wall and is struck by a fast heavy object then the light object will bounce off and end up being moved past the wall.<br><br>The problem is due to there being only one set of collision tests per update.  I can definitely fix the problem by doing more collision tests between solving constraints and moving bodies but this is obviously going to be much slower.<br><br>So I was wondering what everyone else is doing that avoids these problems?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  <br><br>Thanks!<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=330">Tobs</a> — Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:35 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
