<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/1061" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2007-03-16T20:54:50+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/1061</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-03-16T20:54:50+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-03-16T20:54:50+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3922#p3922</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3922#p3922"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Simple CD test framework]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3922#p3922"><![CDATA[
That sounds like a cool project.<br><br>On the collision side, it would be good to know what features you intend to measure/test exactly.<br><blockquote class="uncited"><div>This is a very small app used to test various collision detection (CD) algorithms.<br>It will be first used as a demo/sample for Opcode 1.3 (a lot of people requested this),<br>and then I will also include benchmarks against competing libraries (Bullet, GIMPACT, etc).<br><br>Current version includes tests for:<br>- sphere vs mesh queries<br>- OBB vs mesh queries<br>- capsule vs mesh queries<br>- complete box pruning<br>- bipartite box pruning</div></blockquote>Can you describe the details of each test?<br><br>Bullet has a strong focus on convex collision detection, combined with static triangle meshes and a broadphase for rigid body simulations.<br><br>If concave triangle mesh versus mesh, or refitting mesh (aabb tree) will be tested in your framework, I probably want to add that to Bullet. This would apply to deformable objects, which hasn't been a focus yet, but if your testbed intends to compare those features I might become motived to finally add a 'refit' and tree-versus-tree check to Bullet's collision code.<br><br>Thanks!<br>Erwin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:54 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Pierre]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-03-16T16:31:47+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-03-16T16:31:47+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3918#p3918</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3918#p3918"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Simple CD test framework]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3918#p3918"><![CDATA[
I just started a super small side project:<br><a href="http://www.codercorner.com/CDTestFramework.rar" class="postlink">http://www.codercorner.com/CDTestFramework.rar</a><br><br>Two main goals:<br>- provide a demo/sample for Opcode 1.3 (finally, after all those years)<br>- compare various implementations/libs<br><br>I only did that quickly today and it only contains Opcode right now, but I'll try to add at least Bullet and GIMPACT "as soon as possible". (Feel free to contribute!)<br><br>- Pierre<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=76">Pierre</a> — Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:31 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
