<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/10605" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2015-05-29T18:07:27+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/10605</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[gilbo]]></name></author>
		<updated>2015-05-29T18:07:27+00:00</updated>

		<published>2015-05-29T18:07:27+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=35643#p35643</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=35643#p35643"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Collision Detection Research Benchmarks / Evaluation]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=35643#p35643"><![CDATA[
Hi all,<br><br>Apologies up front for being impatient and just posting a question to the forum; I didn't spot a previous discussion on this topic from a quick scan of pinned topics.<br><br>I'm looking at doing a research project on a collision detection system, focusing more on collisions with lots of simple objects, cloth self-collision. (as opposed to the complex rigid polyhedra colliding case)  In order to keep my projects focused, I prefer to start work on the evaluation part of the project first.<br><br>I'm trying to figure out candidates for two main dimensions of the evaluation:<br>1. state-of-the-art collision systems<br>2. appropriate benchmark test cases<br><br>I haven't been able to find any standard benchmarks available online, but maybe I've just been looking in the wrong places.<br><br>Bullet seems like an obvious choice for a state-of-the-art collision system, but maybe folks on here can think of other systems that are better in some cases/scenarios than Bullet, or are of comparable quality.<br><br>Again, I should stress that I'm asking from the perspective of doing a research project, so I'm not interested in starting any holy wars.  I just want to make sure that we fairly and accurately represent the state of the art.<br><br>Thanks for any help you can offer,<br>-- Gilbert Bernstein<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=11353">gilbo</a> — Fri May 29, 2015 6:07 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
