<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/10527" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2017-02-23T10:18:27+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/10527</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[kownwong]]></name></author>
		<updated>2017-02-23T10:18:27+00:00</updated>

		<published>2017-02-23T08:08:01+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=38919#p38919</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=38919#p38919"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Bullet 2.83 released on github]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=38919#p38919"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div><blockquote class="uncited"><div><blockquote class="uncited"><div>The feature to include the gyro terms in the solver is excellent - it turns out to be really important for correct simulation of aircraft spins and snap rolls etc, so much appreciated. I'll post a video of it in my R/C flight sim shortly.<br><br>Thanks - Danny</div></blockquote>Have you posted your video already? If yes, where can I view it?</div></blockquote>Ooops I forgot! <a href="https://youtu.be/LwjFUzsymjE" class="postlink">https://youtu.be/LwjFUzsymjE</a><br><br>The manoeuvres most affected are the flat spin right at the end of the video, and also the "flips", for example around 2:25 - if they don't start perfectly aligned with the wing span then the glider "wobbles" out after a few rotations (not shown here). Before I included the gyro term it would happily continue to rotate around a slightly "off" axis, which is wrong. <br><br>Here's the designer of the plane flying the real thing (including the gyro terms!): <a href="https://youtu.be/6VZ0tRrXnKA" class="postlink">https://youtu.be/6VZ0tRrXnKA</a></div></blockquote>Watched both the videos. All I can say is "Brilliant"!<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=12056">kownwong</a> — Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:08 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[DannyChapman]]></name></author>
		<updated>2017-02-21T23:06:33+00:00</updated>

		<published>2017-02-21T23:06:33+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=38913#p38913</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=38913#p38913"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Bullet 2.83 released on github]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=38913#p38913"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div><blockquote class="uncited"><div>The feature to include the gyro terms in the solver is excellent - it turns out to be really important for correct simulation of aircraft spins and snap rolls etc, so much appreciated. I'll post a video of it in my R/C flight sim shortly.<br><br>Thanks - Danny</div></blockquote>Have you posted your video already? If yes, where can I view it?</div></blockquote>Ooops I forgot! <a href="https://youtu.be/LwjFUzsymjE" class="postlink">https://youtu.be/LwjFUzsymjE</a><br><br>The manoeuvres most affected are the flat spin right at the end of the video, and also the "flips", for example around 2:25 - if they don't start perfectly aligned with the wing span then the glider "wobbles" out after a few rotations (not shown here). Before I included the gyro term it would happily continue to rotate around a slightly "off" axis, which is wrong. <br><br>Here's the designer of the plane flying the real thing (including the gyro terms!): <a href="https://youtu.be/6VZ0tRrXnKA" class="postlink">https://youtu.be/6VZ0tRrXnKA</a><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1517">DannyChapman</a> — Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:06 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[kownwong]]></name></author>
		<updated>2017-02-18T14:58:19+00:00</updated>

		<published>2017-02-18T14:58:19+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=38895#p38895</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=38895#p38895"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Bullet 2.83 released on github]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=38895#p38895"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>The feature to include the gyro terms in the solver is excellent - it turns out to be really important for correct simulation of aircraft spins and snap rolls etc, so much appreciated. I'll post a video of it in my R/C flight sim shortly.<br><br>Thanks - Danny</div></blockquote>Have you posted your video already? If yes, where can I view it?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=12056">kownwong</a> — Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:58 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Riley]]></name></author>
		<updated>2016-12-28T17:05:28+00:00</updated>

		<published>2016-12-28T17:05:28+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=38595#p38595</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=38595#p38595"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Bullet 2.83 released on github]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=38595#p38595"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>So what's on the plate for the future?   I see some work in featherstone btMultiBody stuff...<br><br>I also see some logic for tracking 'islands'.. which I guess are groups of related things that might collide.<br>I would think that as an extension <a href="https://thisfitlifestyle.com/crazy-bulk-review/" class="postlink">my crazybulk review</a> by thisfitlifestyle to that one might order collisions based on their collision with static bodies; such that if a body collides with a static body it gets an additional flag set in it that indicate it's a static collidable; would think that would solve issues stacking heavy things on light things.  (been doing a lot of reading and now see where that artifacting comes from).  Then the 'roots' of islands would process first and then tree out from there... but maybe then 2 bodies on a static ground next to each other would still have issues.<br><br>Also digging through collision dispatch and DISPATCH_CONTINUOUS is never actually used?  Isn't that kinda what discretedynamicsworld/CCD would need?  to precalculate the penetration depth to determine a more appropriate time step before doing the discrete resolutions?</div></blockquote>I wish there was more info out there on this, don't take me wrong github has the read me file but i am lookig for a video tutorial<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=11866">Riley</a> — Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:05 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[aaronhansome]]></name></author>
		<updated>2016-03-16T15:28:00+00:00</updated>

		<published>2016-03-16T15:28:00+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=37163#p37163</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=37163#p37163"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Bullet 2.83 released on github]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=37163#p37163"><![CDATA[
Any news on this?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=11661">aaronhansome</a> — Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:28 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[d3x0r]]></name></author>
		<updated>2015-11-14T04:54:45+00:00</updated>

		<published>2015-11-14T04:54:45+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=36601#p36601</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=36601#p36601"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Bullet 2.83 released on github]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=36601#p36601"><![CDATA[
So what's on the plate for the future?   I see some work in featherstone btMultiBody stuff...<br><br>I also see some logic for tracking 'islands'.. which I guess are groups of related things that might collide.<br>I would think that as an extension to that one might order collisions based on their collision with static bodies; such that if a body collides with a static body it gets an additional flag set in it that indicate it's a static collidable; would think that would solve issues stacking heavy things on light things.  (been doing a lot of reading and now see where that artifacting comes from).  Then the 'roots' of islands would process first and then tree out from there... but maybe then 2 bodies on a static ground next to each other would still have issues.<br><br>Also digging through collision dispatch and DISPATCH_CONTINUOUS is never actually used?  Isn't that kinda what discretedynamicsworld/CCD would need?  to precalculate the penetration depth to determine a more appropriate time step before doing the discrete resolutions?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=9738">d3x0r</a> — Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:54 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[BluePrintRandom]]></name></author>
		<updated>2015-05-13T23:32:11+00:00</updated>

		<published>2015-05-13T23:32:11+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=35478#p35478</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=35478#p35478"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Bullet 2.83 released on github]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=35478#p35478"><![CDATA[
Nice!<br><br>I wish the Devs @ blender would get this into the game engine.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=10520">BluePrintRandom</a> — Wed May 13, 2015 11:32 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[DannyChapman]]></name></author>
		<updated>2015-05-05T13:44:22+00:00</updated>

		<published>2015-05-05T13:44:22+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=35371#p35371</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=35371#p35371"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Bullet 2.83 released on github]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=35371#p35371"><![CDATA[
The feature to include the gyro terms in the solver is excellent - it turns out to be really important for correct simulation of aircraft spins and snap rolls etc, so much appreciated. I'll post a video of it in my R/C flight sim shortly.<br><br>Thanks - Danny<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1517">DannyChapman</a> — Tue May 05, 2015 1:44 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[bullet_team]]></name></author>
		<updated>2016-10-10T02:21:22+00:00</updated>

		<published>2015-05-04T06:38:39+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=35362#p35362</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=35362#p35362"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Bullet 2.83 released on github: Example Browser, URDF]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=35362#p35362"><![CDATA[
You can download the Bullet 2.83 release from github here: <br><a href="https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/releases" class="postlink">https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/releases</a><br><br>See the docs/BulletQuickstart.pdf guide as part of the SDK download.<br><br>Some of the features include:<ul><li> A new example browser, based on OpenGL 3+. It is still work-in-progress and not all demos have been ported over yet. Still, it is a better way to explore the Bullet SDK.</li><li> Import of URDF files, universal robot description files. A URDF file can be imported as rigid bodies (btRigidBody) or as multi body (btMultiBody). See the example browser under importers.</li><li> Improved support for btMultiBody with multi-degree of freedom mobilizers, thanks to Jakub Stepien. See examples/MultiBody/MultiDofDemo.</li><li> New btGeneric6DofSpring2Constraint, replacing the old one. Thanks to Gabor PUHR and Tamas Umenhoffer. See the example browser under API or examples/Dof6Spring2Setup.</li><li> OpenCL demo integrated in the ExampleBrowser. The demo is disabled by default. See docs/BulletQuickstart.pdf how to enable it.</li><li> Implicit integration of gyroscopic forces. See example browser under API/Gyroscopic for the Dzhanibekov effect.</li></ul>Please enjoy, and expect improvements in future releases.<br>Erwin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=10522">bullet_team</a> — Mon May 04, 2015 6:38 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
