<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/10460" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2015-03-25T10:22:04+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/10460</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[korzen303]]></name></author>
		<updated>2015-03-25T10:22:04+00:00</updated>

		<published>2015-03-25T10:22:04+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=35176#p35176</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=35176#p35176"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Solve constraints globally in Position Based Dynamics]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=35176#p35176"><![CDATA[
Hi,<br><br>I was wondering if it possible in PBD to solve a set of distance constraints (like simple springs) between particles exactly, in a global manner, by assembling and solving a system of linear equations? I know that in PBD the idea is to solve the constraints iteratively, but I have a long chain-like structure consisting of 100+ particles and it currently noticeably oscillates. Previously, I have been using a block Projected Gauss Seidel where I solved the chain distance constraints globally (tri-diagonal JWJT matrix =&gt; quick linear time solve) and other constraints iteratively. It produced good results so I was wondering if it is possible in the case of PBD. Here is a link for the velocity-level method (<a href="http://allenchou.net/2013/12/game-physics-constraints-sequential-impulse/" class="postlink">http://allenchou.net/2013/12/game-physi ... l-impulse/</a>) <br><br>Thanks<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=10616">korzen303</a> — Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:22 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
