<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/10444" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2015-03-31T13:51:19+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/10444</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[johnfield]]></name></author>
		<updated>2015-03-31T13:51:19+00:00</updated>

		<published>2015-03-31T13:51:19+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=35226#p35226</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=35226#p35226"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Corotational FEM integration into Bullet Physics?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=35226#p35226"><![CDATA[
Hi Mobeen,<br><br>sorry for late reply. Thanks for sharing the links, I gave a look at your project and looks awesome! There are a lot of interesting things you did there. I will have a closer look at your FEM implementation. After a quick glance looks easier to "port" and to read rather that the one in OpenTissue. <br><br>Thanks again,<br>Giovanni<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=11252">johnfield</a> — Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:51 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[mobeen]]></name></author>
		<updated>2015-03-19T03:59:03+00:00</updated>

		<published>2015-03-19T03:59:03+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=35156#p35156</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=35156#p35156"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Corotational FEM integration into Bullet Physics?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=35156#p35156"><![CDATA[
Hi Giovanni,<br>   The book physics based animation gives a lot of detail about implementation of Corotated Linear FEM but as you have also noticed, all open source packages like OpenTissue use templates heavily. Probably the best paper to understand Corotated linear FEM is <a href="http://matthias-mueller-fischer.ch/publications/GI2004.pdf" class="postlink">Interactive Virtual Materials</a>. I wrote a stripped down version in my <a href="https://code.google.com/p/opencloth/" class="postlink">OpenCloth</a>project which shows how to get started with it without using templates. You can have a look at it as a starter. Although this was not implemented in Bullet, I found it simpler to write from scratch.<br>Thought I would add in some useful resource for you.<br><br>Thanks,<br>Mobeen<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=8124">mobeen</a> — Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:59 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[johnfield]]></name></author>
		<updated>2015-03-17T20:39:28+00:00</updated>

		<published>2015-03-17T20:39:28+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=35133#p35133</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=35133#p35133"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Corotational FEM integration into Bullet Physics?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=35133#p35133"><![CDATA[
Hello,<br><br>I'm working on a dissertation research for dynamic deformation/fracture. I'm basing my research on two papers: <a href="http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.221.6416&amp;rep=rep1&amp;type=pdf" class="postlink">O'Brien</a> and <a href="https://www.graphics.rwth-aachen.de/media/teaching_files/mueller_siggraph12.pdf" class="postlink">Muller</a>. <br><br>I'm using (and learning) BulletPhysics and I would like to use the corotational finite element for my simulations. I saw there are a couple of demos in the solution that uses an external library, OpenTissue, for FEM which it is not integrated with rigidbodies. <br><br>I'm thinking of starting this integration and I would love to contribute too. <br><br>Is anybody working on this specific task already?<br><br>Regards,<br>Giovanni<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=11252">johnfield</a> — Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:39 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
