<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/10411" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2015-02-24T15:54:12+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/10411</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[griffman99h]]></name></author>
		<updated>2015-02-24T15:54:12+00:00</updated>

		<published>2015-02-24T15:54:12+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=35048#p35048</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=35048#p35048"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Force Vector representing negative curvature -Math/code help]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=35048#p35048"><![CDATA[
I have been searching for a solution to what I thought was a simple idea. I'm hoping I can explain it here well enough to get some traction so I can move forward with my simulation design and coding I'm more familiar with.<br><br>I'm trying to construct an n-body simulation of rigid bodies with variable size and mass. Think along the lines of a star/planet gravity game. While there is the normal gravity force of n-body attraction, there is also a vector field with in the space centered on origin point (0,0,0). this force is 0 at origin but increases as you move out. The vector code is simple for single planar forces but for 3 dimensional fields I'm not sure how to code this correctly. <br><br>The result cannot be created by a rigid body of 0 size and X mass at point (0,0,0) as the acceleration would be wrong. A closer result could be created by a hollow object of X size with infinite mass at radius R with a negative gravitational constant. But that adds more problems for the more standard n-body interactions within the sphere. <br><br>This is suppose to represent spacetime with with negative curvature. The tensor math for spacetime equations is way beyond my abilities and I don't think a 3d engine would handle much past n=10 bodies if at all. Any guidance would be most welcome.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=11228">griffman99h</a> — Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:54 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
