<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/10092" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2014-08-30T11:55:48+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/10092</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[STTrife]]></name></author>
		<updated>2014-08-30T11:55:48+00:00</updated>

		<published>2014-08-30T11:55:48+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33927#p33927</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33927#p33927"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[manual picture p.18 question]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33927#p33927"><![CDATA[
Hi There,<br><br>In the manual there is this diagram about which collision shape to choose (p.18). Now I want to place a collision box in my world, which will only be used for a raycast (it's an UI thing for 3d building) I will use masks to make sure it doesn't collide with others. Now according to this diagram btBoxShape is only for moving object... is that really so? why? Why wouldn't I choose this shape for stationary objects like a wall or in my case a box that is used for raycasting?<br><br>And regarding my situation: can I just create a btCollisionShape for the ray-cast only box? or would ghost object be better, and why?<br><br>thanks a lot!<br><br>Bram<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=9284">STTrife</a> — Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:55 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
