<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/10023" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2014-07-23T14:16:21+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/10023</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[wenox]]></name></author>
		<updated>2014-07-23T14:16:21+00:00</updated>

		<published>2014-07-23T14:16:21+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33713#p33713</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33713#p33713"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Integrating Bullet Collision into own FEM simulator]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33713#p33713"><![CDATA[
Hello Everyone!<br><br>I'm pretty new to Bullet, so sorry in advance if I ask something trivial...<br><br>I've been experimenting a bit with soft body simulation lately (spring systems, finite element/volume method), now I've reached the point where soft-soft and soft-rigid interaction is the biggest problem. Currently trying to create some simple muscle simulation system as a plugin for Maya (something like Weta's Tissue: <a href="http://youtu.be/7VlthWa5pu8" class="postlink">http://youtu.be/7VlthWa5pu8</a> ), now it's implemented as a co-rotated linear tetrahedral finite element soft body.<br><br>My simple solutions for soft-soft contacts are a bit unstable right now (checking only node - triangle collisions, and skipping edge-edge ones), hard to find the exact contact surface between more soft bodies pressed against each other, so I was thinking about using the Bullet Collision system in it, but a few things aren't clear yet and I thought I'll ask around. Detecting collisions isn't a problem, I've written a continuous triangle-point BVH-accelerated collision detection utility for it.<br><br>Is it even possible to integrate Bullet Collision and Response into an own simulation framework? So far it's absolutely unclear for me whether BulletCollision library includes detection only, or it handles soft-soft resolution aswell. If it is, could you point me towards some guidelines or examples how to achieve this?<br><br><br>A timestep in the framework currently looks something like this:<br>* move attached nodes into a predefined position<br>* using these as a boundary condition, solve the elasticity problem, and integrate the new velocities<br>* based on the candidate positions, check future collisions and update velocities somehow (here's the problem obviously)<br>* using the new velocities, update the nodes' positions<br><br><br>Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work!<br><br><br>Cheers,<br>Andras<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=10929">wenox</a> — Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:16 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
