<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/10010" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2014-08-20T19:39:41+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/10010</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[DevO]]></name></author>
		<updated>2014-08-20T19:39:41+00:00</updated>

		<published>2014-08-20T19:39:41+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33850#p33850</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33850#p33850"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Position based dynamics problem]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33850#p33850"><![CDATA[
Hi,<br><br>I have read this question several times but still do not really understand it.<br>But IMHO Position Based Methods have a lot of advantages compared to other.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=453">DevO</a> — Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:39 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[apapaxionga]]></name></author>
		<updated>2014-07-14T21:19:20+00:00</updated>

		<published>2014-07-14T21:19:20+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33683#p33683</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33683#p33683"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Position based dynamics problem]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33683#p33683"><![CDATA[
Hi all,<br> When simulate deformation, you can use:<br> Force based method: such as mass spring, FEM<br> Position based dynamic (PBD)method: such as shape matching<br> Surface editing method: such as Laplacian surface editing<br><br> I currently work on position based method. There are a set of constraints definition in paper "Position Based Dynamics,2006,Matthias Muller". <br><br> I was wondering that what's the difference between the position based method and surface editing method or mesh modelling method(such as Laplacian method) in deformation simulation?  <br><br> PBD have a set of constraints definition to control deformation. The constraints based on distance projection. I was wondering is it ok if i replace these constraints with techniques used in surface eidting such as laplacian surface editing to control and smooth the deformation. For example, I will let shape matching simulate the global deformation and use laplacian operator do the local deformation when collision happens. Is there any disadvantages of doing it like this ?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=10909">apapaxionga</a> — Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:19 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
